Offering Effective Stone Wall Solutions
One of the outdoor design aspects that we find to be of the most value are those elements that offer both a design and functionality benefit. Oftentimes, homeowners err too much one way or the other. They either emphasize function with little thought given to style, or they want to design an elaborate wall that, while beautiful in appearance, does nothing to compliment the unique features of their landscape. Consider incorporating a fully-functional wall into your exterior design scheme either around a fire pit or to create a planting bed and seating area.
How Stone Walls Can Solve Potential Backyard Problems
Very few backyards don’t have some landscaping or structural element that needs to be either contained or supported. The challenge is finding a way to address those issues while still staying true to your outdoor design theme. Not to worry; we’ve got you covered. Consider the following potential outdoor problems, and our unique stone wall and support solutions:
- Support posts and columns: If you have a protruding deck roof or patio cover, then they’ll of course need some form of support. Dress up those posts with full or partial stone veneer.
- Grass or planter protrusions: As well-maintained as your planter or lawn may appear, it certainly never looks good when dirt or overgrown vegetation finds its way onto your side walk or patio. The answer to this problem is often an edging wall. It can offer you two distinct benefits:
- Added seating for guests without the need for additional chairs
- Increased space in which to plant more shrubs and flowers
- Advancing slopes: If you live on a hill, then the slow advance of the slope in your yard can threaten your landscape design. A retaining will can keep a slope at bay, while also providing an added decorative element.
We’re Waiting to Hear From You
Whether you have a deck roof that needs supporting or backyard hill whose advance needs to be stalled, we here at the Holloway Group can solve those problems with well-built stone walls. One look at our online portfolio of outdoor projects, and you’ll see what we’re talking about. To schedule an appointment to determine which stone walls will best meet your needs, call us 703-634-4426, or fill out our online contact form.